Monday, July 8, 2013

The trees are gone and so are you.



The trees are gone and so are you.

While their departure was brutal and unforgiving, their lives cut down limb by limb, our departure was long, heartbreaking and bittersweet.

I guess I knew I would never see the trees again, though I had always hoped I'd see you at least one more time.

I guess we are the trees now.

There was so much hope and potential, a lifetime still, but a foolish decision, one made out of fear and selfishness, brought us down.

You brought us down.

And though I tried to do all I could to save us, tie myself to us, cry to save us, nothing, in the end, would.

At some point someone makes a decision to make the cut, and once it's done, there is nothing left but aching stumps and broken hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment